Writing a letter is a meaningful way for Americans to show support for our Military. It only takes 5 minutes of your day, but will bring lasting joy to the recipients.
Don’t know where to start?
- Start with a salutation, such as “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One”
- You can write to a:
- Deployed Troop
- New Recruit
- Wounded Warrior
- Note: A Deployed Troop is currently overseas in harm’s way. A Veteran has served our country in the past. A New Recruit just completed Boot Camp and has sworn to serve for the next 4+ years. A Wounded Warrior was injured in combat. All deserve to be thanked for their commitment & bravery.
- Express your thanks for their selfless service.
- Avoid politics completely and religion in excess; however, saying you pray for them, is wonderful!
- Share a little about yourself: Family, Hobbies, Work, School, Pets, Travel, Talk about life & interests: Sports, Weather, Music, Movies, Food, Books Adults: Include your contact information (mail or email) so the letter/package recipient can reply. Children: FIRST NAMES ONLY and no addresses please.
- Still can’t find the words? Consider drawing or painting a picture instead. (Please avoid glitter!)